17 October, 2020 | Bon Tea Cafe
How To Make Jasmine Milk Tea - 4 Easy Steps & Tips
It can be challenging to find a place in the city when you are craving jasmine milk tea. There are options (hundreds of them!) to choose from, and you prefer a simple choice.
No doubt, lots of bubble tea shops make milk tea.
There are new favors steeped with green tea. So it makes it tough to choose one when there are so many options to pick from. And you may probably be aware that jasmine milk tea is not one of the popular milk tea beverages. But it should be, though!
It may not have the pleasant colors like matcha milk tea or Thai milk teas. But the flavor is simply out of this world! It has sweet, delicate, and smooth flavors similar to that of an oolong tea. But it is more delicate and even sweeter!
How Is Jasmine Tea Made?
So how do you make Jasmine tea? It all begins with plucking the leaves of the Jasminum Officinale plant. The fresh leaves give the jasmine tea its sweet aromatic flavor. Typically, you infuse the leaves with the green tea base, made from genuine green tea leaves.
The fusing together of the two makes the jasmine tea highly delicious. Without getting into too many jasmine tea details, let's find out how to make jasmine milk tea. If you want to know more about jasmine tea, find out more here.
How To Make The Jasmine Milk Tea
- A loose-leaf jasmine tea blend
- ¼ cup of milk or creamer
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener
The ingredients used in making the jasmine milk tea is simple to follow. Begin with the most relevant ingredient - loose-leaf jasmine tea blend. When it comes to the creamer or milk, you can select the one you prefer. But we'll keep it simple by using milk to allow the jasmine tea to bring its true aroma.
For sweeteners, you can use brown sugar, honey, or any sweetener of your choice. We will use honey for this recipe. We will stick to a simple recipe so that we don't lose out on the jasmine tea's delicateness. We want you to have the right jasmine boba bubble tea recipe at the end of it all.
Now, with our ingredients ready, you can add boba pearls to seal the deal. But for this recipe, we will prepare the boba pearls. Fill up 3-4 cups of water into your cooking pot, and let it boil. If you do not have much time, you can use an electric kettle. Yes, we understand the early morning rush.
When the water hits the boiling point, lower the heat to a medium-high, and add the jasmine tea leaves. Let the tea steep until it reaches your preferred amount. Usually, at Bontea Cafe, we steep the tea leaves between 3-7 minutes to attain the best recipe for the jasmine milk tea.
Usually, we reduce the time frame for lighter teas to make sure we get the right flavor. And sometimes, not to burn the jasmine tea leaves. When the tea leaves get burnt, it releases an acidic taste, which is highly unpleasant.
So it's important to know the best duration for steeping tea so that your tea does not become too acidic or bitter. When you get the right flavor for the jasmine tea, strain out the tea leaves. You may get three-quarters of the jasmine tea left in the cup.
The most important part of Jasmine milk tea is mixing all of them. With the three-quarters tea in a cup, add your preferred sweetener. The next thing is to add your creamer to the jasmine tea.
Carefully stir the mixed ingredients and ensure that they are thoroughly mixed. Take your first sip and see how wonderful it tastes.
Making Jasmine Milk Tea With Honey Tapioca Pearls
If you want to make jasmine tea with honey boba, here is a simple way to do it. You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ¼ cup of tapioca pearls (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
Mixing the Honey Syrup With The Tapioca Pearls
- Follow the same procedure in making the jasmine tea but do not add the sweetener and the creamer. After straining the leaves, leave the tea aside for it to cool.
- Mix the two tablespoons of honey and two tablespoons of water. Stir until the honey is adequately dissolved.
Preparing The Honey Boba
- Add the tapioca pearls to a pot and boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the cooked tapioca pearls into a pot of ice water.
- Drain the cold water
- Add the cooked pearls to the honey syrup that is prepared already. Let it soak in it for 10 to 20 minutes. That way, the tapioca pearls will mix well with the flavor. Tapioca pearls do not have a flavor. So you need to sweeten it.
Prepare Your Boba Tea
- Put the boba balls with the coated honey into your favorite cup.
- You can add honey or sugar if you prefer sweet tea. Pour the jasmine tea into the cup.
- Mix them well before you add the milk and ice to the cup
- Stir well and enjoy!
Three Important Tips To Keep In Mind
To have the perfect jasmine tea, it is relevant to keep in mind these simple but important tips. Let's go through them, shall we?
- Honey is not easy to dissolve in cold temperatures. So if you prefer cold jasmine tea, it is better to mix in the syrup before adding your ice and milk.
- If you are lactose intolerant or a vegan, you can opt for diary-free milk such as soy milk, coconut milk, almond milk, etc. Almond milk is good on these occasions. Here is an article on almond milk and why it is good for you.
- Use wide straws that are reusable instead of plastic.
Why Jasmine Tea Is Good For You
Jasmine tea is mostly prepared together with green tea leaves. And that is why it has numerous health advantages of organic tea. First of all, Jasmine tea is full of powerful plant-based elements called polyphenols.
These polyphenols act as antioxidants in your body, which guards your cells against free radical damage. Free radical damage can lead to numerous types of cancer and heart disease, according to various studies. So it is essential to drink jasmine tea.
Furthermore, drinking jasmine tea can help you reduce weight. And it can do this by increasing your metabolism. Other benefits of drinking jasmine tea include:
- Fighting against diabetes.
- Improve your immune system.
- Relieve you of any stress.
- Improves your skin.
Drink Your Favorite Milk Tea At Bontea Cafe!
Did you know you can skip all the DIY's and get your favorite jasmine milk tea at Bontea? We perfectly brew the jasmine tea to fit your needs, whatever your taste is. We mix the tea with mango syrup, and our unique recipe brings out the freshness and sweetness of the tea.